14.9.14

NYFW Spring RTW: Round-Up & Favourites

NYFW favourites

How many collages can you do in one Saturday?  Many if you're trying to not fall behind with the next batch coming from London Fashion Week!  I hope you've enjoyed my little posts - since I find that not keeping up to date with shows makes my interest wane, I thought I'd go about it creatively this year and share it with you.  

Delpozo caught my eye, as did Barbara Tfank; they were very different in terms of style and inspiration, but both sent out gorgeous dresses that were so different to what everyone else was showing.  The un-fitted signature look of the season was probably best done by The Row (in the super luxe version) and Tibi (the more sensible day-time option).  Notable mentions for me include Tome, Monique Lhuillier, and 3.1 Phillip Lim (my perennial favourite - check out the bucket bags that he sent down the runway!).  I didn't particularly enjoy Alexander Wang's show - the first few looks that came out just looked like Phillip Lim from 2012, and the trippy graphic print was a bit meh... but to each their own.  I'm also actually not a fan of Michael Kors because he is the master of being a copycat, but I've got to hand it to the guy - his runway looks were actually divine and wearable.  It's what you'd hope from the "ready-to-wear" collections I guess!

What shows were your favourites at NYFW?

T


SHARE THIS POST

2 comments:

  1. The Row blew me away (once again) and I did love some Tibi and surprisingly Michael Kors pieces too (I love my watch but that is usually it as far as MK goes). I have loved these collages! Keep them up!
    xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenelle!! It's quite a nice way to relax after work (and procrastinate from studying)!

      Delete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.